Acai Bowl Recipe
I make these pretty much every day, because they are delicious, super healthy, and really easy to make. I guess on the amounts and swap ingredients out regularly/make substitutions with what I have, but here is the basic formula for a BOMB acai bowl..
1. Make sure you have dark, frozen berries and frozen bananas (fresh are fine, but frozen makes smoothie much thicker and better...you want it to be like ice cream).
2. Have either pure acai powder or pure acai frozen puree.
3. Don't add too much liquid to the blender! Too much liquid makes for a liquidy bowl which is no beuno.
1. 1 frozen banana peeled and sliced.
2. 1 cup frozen dark berries (blueberries, strawberries and/or blackberries are good).
3. Either 1 packet of frozen acai puree or 1 tablespoon acai powder ( prefer to use one pouch PLUS a teaspoon of powder, but you only really need one or the other).
4. About a 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or any non dairy milk.
5. About a half a cup of organic juice (I prefer Suja green juice because it's healthy, sweet and not loaded with added sugar, but any organic juice would pretty much do). It's tough to say exactly how much liquid here because it depends on how many other ingredients you're including...but once you have all your ingredients in the blender, the liquid should only come halfway up.
6. 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional).
7. 1 cup non dairy vanilla yogurt.
8. 1 tbspn ground flax
9. 1-2 tbsp vanilla protein powder (optional...makes smoothie a little thicker and adds nutrients. Not traditional to acai bowls but tastes great. I prefer Arbonne protein powders).
10. 1 tsp of powdered greens (optional...I prefer Arbonne Greens Balance and/or Amazing Grass Energy Booster).
For Topping (everything optional):
1. 1/2 sliced fresh banana.
2. Fresh berries of choice (about 5-6).
3. Shredded coconut.
4. Organic granola.
5. Chia seeds.
6. Cacao nibs.
7. Organic, raw honey.
1. Blend all ingredients in blender (be sure to not over blend and to not add too much liquid). If your ingredients come all the way to the top of your blender, your liquid level should only come halfway up the sides.
2. Pour acai mixture in bowl and top with topping ingredients. They sky is the limit there with options so have fun and get creative with whatever you have at home. I love fresh berries, banana, shredded coconut, cacao nibs, chia seeds and drizzled honey on mine.
3. Serve and enjoy!